A brief post to let you know about upcoming professional development and conferences;
STAVCon 2013 – Nov 28-29 at La Trobe University, Melbourne with a range of great presenters, including;
- Rob Hollow from CSIRO will be holding a number of workshops on BFS in the context of Astronomy and using the Zooniverse in the classroom.
- The Quantum Victoria team will be covering F1 in Schools, 3D Printing and Quantum Forensic Investigation.
- The FAR Labs project is up and running, see how you can use amazing research equipment remotely. There is also a free 1 day conference at La Trobe University of 27th Nov regarding the FAR Labs.
- Simon Keily and Trish Christies from Scienceworks explain the Seasons workshop
- And so many more…
STAV VCE Physics Conference – Feb 14 at Monash University, Clayton, calling for presenters now. I will update you shortly with presenters to look out for.
NACAA ( National Australian Convention of Amateur Astronomers)– April 18-21 (Easter Weekend) hosted by the ASV, held at Rydges on Bell in Melbourne. Learn about the amazing things Australian amateur astronomers are doing.
- Nov 22nd at Michael’s Camera House in Melbourne. Crash course in Night Sky Photography with an observing session the week after.
- Feb 28 – Mar 3, long weekend workshop hat Lake Eppalock, Central Victoria
On Saturday 23 Nov the Melbourne Observatory in the Melbourne Botanical Gardens will be open to the public from 3-8pm.
We also have four! comets in the dawn sky at the moment, with ISON getting close to visible by eye.